Total Care Pharmacy
Pharmacy Assistant Job
Location: Bakersfield, CA 93309
Job Type: Part Time
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws. Provides in-person and telephone reception to patients in accordance with established service and telephone access standards.
- Receives new prescriptions and/or refills ensuring the correct entry/documentation of information required to process the order.
- Identifies prescriptions needing refill authorization and refers to providers.
- Verifies that prescription indicates drug name, strength, direction for use, quantity to be dispensed, any special instructions, and refill information. Recognizes potential for generic or therapeutic substitution.
- Alerts pharmacists when information is lacking and prescription requires further action and/or when information is noted in allergy and comment field in PIMS.
- Enters required prescription and/or patient information into pharmacy computer (Pharmacy Information Management System-PIMS) and/or types prescription label.
- Processes prescription refill authorization requests and enters responses from providers into PIMS.
- Places filled prescription(s) in appropriate container for immediate or future sale.
- Organizes and maintains packaged prescriptions for efficient retrieval.
- Prepares prescriptions for delivery by mail or UPS when requested.
- Sells prescriptions verifying correct patient through the matching of a call slip against a claim check, checking health plan card or other patient identification.
- Sells other pharmaceutical merchandise to members.
- Records all transactions and receipt of cash, checks, or credit card charges in cash register.
- Provides correct change and appropriate receipts to patients.
- Maintains the security and integrity of the cash register drawer contents.
- Counts cash drawer change fund.
- Is responsible for preparation and proper disposition of deposit.
- Follows Regional, Area and location cash handling policies and procedures.
- Prepares and reconciles daily cash register summary documents and prepares daily combined bank deposit for pharmacy.
- Forwards appropriate cash summary and documentation to cash control as required.
- Completes appropriate documentation and secures the bank deposit and exchange fund for pick-up by armored car delivery service.
- May be required to perform duties of the Inventory Control Assistant, which include the ordering and receiving of pharmaceutical merchandise from established sources, affixing price labels, and restocking shelves both within the pharmacy and medical offices.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding systems or operational improvements to enhance services provided by the department.
- Maintains work area and equipment in an organized and clean condition; maintains a safe, secure and efficient work environment.
- Exemplifies pharmacys mission and the organizations vision by contributing to the health satisfaction of members by providing appropriate medications, information, and professional services in a helping, caring, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Typing speed of 30 wpm or 6000 KPH.
- Excellent customer service and telephone reception skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English-speaking communication skills (Foreign language ability may be required at specific locations).
- Ability to read, understand and transcribe pharmaceutical information.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK.
- Clerical Skills: Typing 30 wpm or 6,000 kph
- Requires standing for long periods of time, and communicate with co-workers and patients.
- Ability to lift/transport 1-50lbs.
- Light to moderate carrying, pulling, pushing, walking and frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
more details >>>> Click here
More Jobs in Kaiser Permanente
Radiologic Technologist Apply Now
Total Care Pharmacy, At Kaiser Permanente, our focus is a healthier today and tomorrow. Founded in 1945, our unique business model sets us apart — positioning all of us to help deliver total health.
As the nation’s leading not-for-profit health plan, we proudly serve 12.5 million members from more than 600 locations in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Virginia, Hawaii and Washington D.C. Together, our 217,000+ employees make up an integrated health care delivery system with a mission to improve the lives of our members, employees, and communities.
Join us at the heart of health care and experience an environment where you can play a role in shaping the delivery of care with colleagues just as passionate as you. You’ll be part of a community that’s focused on reaching outside the walls of our facilities to help build every community.
When you join Kaiser Permanente, you stand for total health.
Employees of Kaiser Permanente are expected to model and reinforce ethical behavior in accordance with the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct). This includes maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information; protecting the assets of the organization; acting with ethics and integrity; conducting business with honesty; following through on commitments; admitting mistakes and showing consistency in words and actions; supporting compliance initiatives and reporting noncompliance; and adhering to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente’s policies, guidelines, and procedures.
In addition to defined technical requirements, you will be accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission, and specific departmental/organizational initiatives. You also will be accountable to consistently demonstrate the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
We are not Recruiter or Employer Our Website ” How to Earn Money ” have lot of other business ideas and Job opportunities which are relevant with Success Factor , Click link below for more Small business Planning and Jobs other than this article :-
Career in Industrial Machinery
Jobs in Security Industry Specialists, Inc.
Jobs in First Citizens Community Bank
Best Paying Jobs in Commercial Banks
Jobs in University of Washington
How do you spell Restaurant and there jobs in USA – 2022
What Really Happened with freshers after Complete education
What Companies are in the Consumer Services Field
Is Electric Utilities Central a Good Career Path
How Many Jobs are Available in Finance
American Express Company (Amex)
How many Jobs are Available in Oil/Gas Transmission
Is Oil & Gas Production a Good Career Path
Highest Paying Jobs in Telecommunications
How many Jobs are available in Telecommunications Equipment
What do consumer Non-Durables Jobs Pay
How Many Jobs are Available in Public Utilities
How many Jobs are available in Finance
Best Jobs in Consumer Services in USA
Earning Per Share in a Teamwork
Career Test Cyber Security Business & Job
Recycling Business is a Friend of Environment
Start your Own Business by using Skills
How to start business with zero investment.
Total Care Pharmacy Above
Disclaimer:- The above article Total Care Pharmacy is based on the opinion of the author and is meant for Information and educational purposes collected through different sources. Readers are requested to act diligently and under consultation with a professional before applying the information contained in this article Total Care Pharmacy. Direct Links of Other Websites provided in this Article Total Care Pharmacy are only for sharing Information about Business Ideas. When you click on Link of Other Websites, You will redirect to Other Website and Leave this Website. Read all Terms and conditions and policies of such Website where you redirect before taking any action or sharing any documents and Information. We are not Responsible/accountable for any Loss and Damages caused to you when you start or continue any Business idea practically or applying for any job or sent any document.
11 thoughts on “Total Care Pharmacy – No. 1 job in Kaiser Permanente”