Square Careers in USA
Field Operations Specialist
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Salary : $ 37K – $ 47K a year estimated.
Square Roots is the technology leader in indoor farming. We create meaningful jobs in modern farming, empowering a new generation of leaders in agriculture. With production farms in Brooklyn, NY, Kenosha, WI, Grand Rapids, MI and Springfield, OH (with more to soon!). Square Roots is on a mission to responsibly bring our locally grown food to people in cities around the world, all year round.
The way we operate our business and operate our farms is better for local communities. Everyone on the Square Roots team—from farmers to engineers, commercial experts to operations specialists—is supported, connected, and empowered to do their best work to help Square Roots achieve its goals as a company.
We are looking for a Field Operations Specialist to join our Central Farm Operations team. This role is critical in ensuring that the deployment of new farm campuses runs smoothly and that campus farm operations can kickstart as efficiently as possible.
You’ll provide support by way of on-site training of new farm teams, set up and optimization of production workspaces, farm systems testing, and oversight of the commissioning and handoff phase between systems integration and farm operations teams.
Field Operations Specialist will also be responsible for remote training (before, during, or after deployment), updating SOPs and training materials that are associated with their phase of deployment, and being a part of the campus team hiring process. Additionally, you will provide feedback to Central Farm Ops through the lens of operations, while also taking on a few longer-term strategic projects that will level up our farm operations across the board.
- Be responsible for farm production set up in new campus deployments – this will include organizing equipment and supplies and ensuring standardization of processes from seed to harvest.
- Train and onboard new farm team hires, including Apprentice Growers, Assistant Farm Managers, Farm Managers, and Facilities team members, for new campus deployments.
- Facilitate systems testing and handoff between deployment team and farm management team for new campus deployments.
- Manage relationships and deliveries with 3rd party vendors for new campus deployment.
- Ensure the production plan is accurate and report any misalignments to the Senior Manager of Farm Ops.
- Update Farm Production SOPs to reflect how changes in technology will impact farm operations and facilities processes on new campuses.
- Interview and screen candidates for the Apprentice Grower roles.
- Farm management experience in greenhouse or CEA preferred (nice to have).
- Food safety procedures, protocols, documentation, and the aptitude to instill the importance of food safety throughout the farm campus.
- Farm production and systems & facilities equipment (i.e., nutrient tanks, pumps, sensors).
- Familiarity with business operations (i.e. procurement, cost analysis, and budgeting).
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and experience troubleshooting independently.
- Competence in identifying basic crop nutrition deficiencies, diseases, or pest-related symptoms.
- List job skills and attributes that are clear (not generic), and relevant to the role.
- A self-starter who understands the end goal, and works both independently and collaboratively to achieve objectives and key results.
- Technically inclined and able to communicate effectively across various departments using a variety of tools and media.
- A critical thinker and creative problem solver with a transparent & honest approach to challenges.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in fast-paced sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Enthusiastic about training folks who are new to the agricultural industry.
- Passionate about tech-enabled local food and the future of farming.
- Willing to travel to new farm locations across the country in order to support rapid scaling of farm operations.
- Willing to contribute to tasks and activities outside of a prescribed job description to achieve business objectives.
- Communicative, patient, and thoughtful in response to a dynamic and fast-paced scope of work.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs and comfortable standing for long hours.
- Able to observe, adapt, and iterate quickly.
More Details >>> Click here
We are not Recruiter or Employer Our Website ” How to Earn Money ” have lot of other business ideas and Job opportunities which are relevant with Success Factor , Click link below for more Small business Planning and Jobs other than this article :-
Square Careers above
Disclaimer:- The above article Square Careers is based on the opinion of the author and is meant for Information and educational purposes collected through different sources. Readers are requested to act diligently and under consultation with a professional before applying the information contained in this article Square Careers. Direct Links of Other Websites provided in this Article Square Careers are only for sharing Information about Business Ideas. When you click on Link of Other Websites, You will redirect to Other Website and Leave this Website. Read all Terms and conditions and policies of such Website where you redirect before taking any action or sharing any documents and Information. We are not Responsible/accountable for any Loss and Damages caused to you when you start or continue any Business idea practically or applying for any job or sent any document.
16 thoughts on “Square Careers”